- Current Age?
- Where do you live now?
Tigard, Oregon, USA
- When it comes to travel accommodation (but leaving out crashing with friends, family or people you meet on the road), how often do you stay in hostels?
pretty much all the time
- Where have you hosteled?
- Would you stay in a hostel again on future trips?
- Out of all your experiences hosteling, what was your:
- Best Moment
- Worst Moment
- Biggest Hurdle, Obstacle or Difficulty?
- Biggest surprise?
- Best Moment
- Do you ever book any of your hostel accommodation in advance?
- Why or why not?
Time constraints, and I prefer to check out hostels before I stay there.
- Who is the most memorable person you met in a hostel and why?
A 60-year-old traveller from Ireland. I was amazed and impressed to see someone at his age travelling. Most people seem to give up at that age. This guy knew how to live life.
- Why do you stay in hostels, as opposed to other types of accommodation?
Almost exclusively at hostels.
- Is there a hostel you'd recommend to other travelers? If so, what is it and where?
Kiwi Backpackers in Waitomo, New Zealand
- What is the biggest myth people have about hostels and hosteling?
That people frequently steal your belongings if you leave them out.
- Why do you like to travel?
See new things, people. Be immersed in a different culture.
- What is your advice for other travelers wanting to stay in hostels?
Pack light. Have a good attitude. SOCIALIZE!