Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like “the city that never sleeps,” it’s only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or free WiFi. Yes, there are lots of New York hostels you can choose from – but if you’re looking for the ones that combine the party atmosphere with the safe place to stay, then these are the ones you’ll want to focus on first. These are the best party hostels in New York.

>> Thinking you might want to get some sleep instead? There are more hostels in New York to choose from.

Jazz on the Park Hostel

A quick glance at hostel listings in The Big Apple will reveal several with “Jazz” in their name – but this is the best of the Jazz chain, the flagship hostel located near Central Park and the Columbia University campus.

The area around the hostel is perfect for any energetic traveler, with lots of restaurants, bars, and cafes to choose from – many of which are frequented by the students from the nearby university. But you don’t even need to leave the hostel to find one of the best social scenes in any New York hostel – the Jazz on the Park bar is usually hopping, and the hostel-organized pub crawls are a must in the summer.

Address: 36 West 106th Street @ Central Park West
What’s included: Linens, towels, breakfast
What costs extra: Internet

Times Square Dream Hostel

When a hostel includes the word “dream” in its name, you’d better hope it’s a traveler’s dream come true. Otherwise, it’s just a cruel joke. Well, past guests at the Times Square Dream Hostel say it definitely lives up to its name.

Sitting only one block off Times Square, this hostel is perfectly located for you to take in the best of non-stop life in New York City – which is especially nice because the hostel doesn’t have its own bar. Still, the staff is friendly and the hostel is popular with young and social travelers, so it’s an ideal place to meet up with other party-goers to hit the town together.

Address: 572 9th Avenue, First Floor (between 41st and 42nd Streets)
What’s included: Cable TV, WiFi, internet access, long-distance calls in the US, linens, towels
What costs extra:

L Hostel

At L Hostel, they say the “L” stands for luxury – but don’t let that fool you into believing this place is too posh for a budget traveler or too stuffy to be social. Yes, there are some “luxe” elements to this hostel, but it’s also a great place to meet people and has great common areas for hanging out.

The hostel is located between Harlem and Central Park, close to subway lines, and boasts a spectacular rooftop terrace. There’s an on-site cafe, a TV/movie lounge, and a game room. And if you want to splurge a little on your room, the private rooms at the hostel really will make you think you died and went to a 4-star hotel.

Address: 1961 7th Avenue
What’s included: WiFi, internet access, breakfast (on weekdays), towels, linens
What costs extra:

photo by meironke



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

New York Hostels Near Central Park

New York City is one of the most interesting cities on earth, and offers an incredible variety of experiences - so it's a top destination no matter what you're into....

Read more
 

More articles