Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome – the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food… And one of the things that’s so great about a trip to the Eternal City is that you can combine lots of those reasons into one vacation. But just because your serious side is there to walk in the footsteps of Caesar and your cultural side wants to bask in the glory of a Caravaggio or twelve doesn’t mean you can’t also indulge your fun side with a little partying now and then.

Now, while you could go out on your own to find clubs to go dancing in and great bars where you can meet fellow travelers, wouldn’t it be easier if the party kind of came to you? If you answered yes to that last question, then be sure to book a bed in one of the best party hostels in Rome.

>> And if none of these hostels looks like the perfect one, then browse through our more complete listing of Rome hostels to find one that is.

The Yellow

If the reviews from past guests are any indication, the fact that The Yellow Hostel in Rome even has beds is something of an afterthought. This place is all about the party – from its swank-looking bar/cafe on the ground floor to its super-cool basement hangout/chillout rooms downstairs from the bar. Not only that, the pub crawls and in-house parties organized by the staff at The Yellow are legendary.

But let’s just say that you do want to get some sleep every so often during your trip to Rome. The Yellow’s got you covered with bright and clean dorm-style rooms. The shared bathrooms are close by and kept clean, and the hostel’s location near Termini Station makes it ideal for those of you who are interested in day-trips out of Rome or who have an early train to catch when you’re leaving town.

Location: Via Palestro 44 – 00185 Rome
What’s Included: Linens, internet access, WiFi
What Costs Extra: Towels, breakfast

Alessandro Palace

Okay, so the Alessandro Palace might not be a palace, per se, or even occupy a building that could be considered a palace, but those are semantics. Kind of. The thing to focus on here is that this hostel has been around for ages and is extremely popular – both for its cheap beds and for its social atmosphere.

Two of the reasons party-seekers in Rome book at Alessandro Palace are the hostel’s fabulous bar and its regular pizza parties. Alessandro Bar offers cheap drinks, and they’re even cheaper if you’re staying at the hostel. And although the pizza parties aren’t every night, they’re more frequent during the peak season – so definitely ask at the front desk when you check in whether there will be a party going on while you’re there.

Location: Via Vicenza 42 – 00185 Rome
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast
What Costs Extra: Internet access, towels

M&J Place Hostel

The fact that M&J Place Hostel doesn’t have a bar just down the hall from the bedrooms might strike you as odd for a hostel that’s on a “party hostels” list – but M&J does have a hopping bar, called the Living Room, it’s just two doors down from the hostel entrance. By day, it’s a cheap place to get food (and it’s also where the hostel breakfast is served), and by night it turns into a dance club with a DJ often spinning records in the back.

But you don’t have to go to the hostel bar to find the social scene. The hostel’s dorm rooms are a great place to socialize, and the common areas near the front desk always seem to be buzzing with the near-constant stream of people checking in. In other words, this place is popular. Book early if you know you want to stay there.

Location: Via Solferino 9 – 00185 Rome
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast, internet access, WiFi
What Costs Extra: Towels

Alessandro Downtown

If the name is familiar here, it should be – Alessandro opened a second hostel after the success of the Alessandro Palace, and you’ll find the same great social vibe at Alessandro Downtown hostel. The only thing you might miss at the sister hostel is an on-site bar – but guests at Alessandro Downtown are welcome in and encouraged to visit the Alessandro Bar at Alessandro Palace.

All the hostels on this list are near Termini Station, but this one is on the opposite side of the station from the other three. The common areas and kitchen have been recently remodeled and look fantastic, all the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the shared bathrooms and kept clean. Oh, and remember those pizza parties at Alessandro Palace? At Alessandro Downtown, they’re pasta parties – so be sure to ask about those when you check in.

Location: Via Carlo Cattaneo 23 00185 Rome
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast
What Costs Extra: Towels, internet access

Check out more hostels in Rome on EuropeanHostels.

photo by Paolo Margari



Most popular hostels articles

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

New York Hostels Near Central Park

New York City is one of the most interesting cities on earth, and offers an incredible variety of experiences - so it's a top destination no matter what you're into....

Read more
 

More articles