Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week – or even a month – taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome is one of those cities. But even with so much to do and see in Rome, it’s nice to get out of the city every so often as well, which is why staying in a place that’s near the main train station is a good option. It also happens to be an option that’s easy on the wallet, as there are lots of hostels in Rome near the train station.

Rome’s main train station, Termini, is huge and serves as a major rail hub for Italy. The neighborhood around it might not be the most alluring in the city, but in addition to having such a big train station it’s also got one of the city’s biggest hubs for Rome’s bus network. So not only can you get in and out of Rome easily by staying in this neighborhood, you can also get around Rome easily, too. And that’s key, as this big, sprawling city requires either lots of stamina or liberal use of the buses.

There are so many places to stay around Rome’s train station that it would be nearly impossible to list them all in one place – but these are some of the best options when it comes to Rome hostels near Termini.

>> To look for other hostels in the neighborhood around the station, or to look in other neighborhoods, you can browse through our hostels in Rome listings.

Hostel Alessandro Palace

One of the best-known hostels in Rome is Alessandro Palace, one of three operated by Alessandro around Termini station. This was the first, and it remains the best – with an on-site bar, regular free pizza parties, and cheap drink specials.

The hostel is a 5-minute walk from Termini and offers free breakfast and a half-hour of free internet access each day. There’s also WiFi access in all the rooms, and the doubles now come equipped with a TV and a mini-fridge. And for some social fun, there are pub crawls four nights a week which start from the hostel.

Location: Via Vicenza 42
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast, some pizza dinners, 30 mins internet
What Costs Extra: Towels

The Yellow Hostel

When it comes to hip and fun, The Yellow Hostel has that down to a science. It’s known as one of the best party spots in the city, with regular pub crawls starting in the on-site YellowBar and parties hosted on-site throughout the year.

Breakfast may not be available for free, but it’s among the cheapest you’ll find in Rome – and if you want more than the basic roll & coffee you’ll still get a good amount of food for your money. There’s a cool lounge area downstairs from the bar, and the rooms are bright and clean.

Location: Via Palestro 44
What’s Included: Linens, internet, WiFi
What Costs Extra: Breakfast, towels

M&J Hostel

Among the most popular hostels in Rome, M&J Hostel is one of the closest to Termini station. It’s also often completely full! There are both private rooms (with private bathrooms) and dorms available, and a fully equipped kitchen is on site for guest use.

The hostel’s bar, called the Living Room, is right next door and serves up breakfast (depending on the room you’re in, breakfast may or may not be free) in the morning and a cheap dinner menu at night. Then it transforms into a disco, complete with DJ.

Location: Via Solferino 9
What’s Included: Linens, internet, WiFi, welcome drink, breakfast (in some rooms)
What Costs Extra: Towels

Hostel Alessandro Downtown

On the opposite side of Termini Station from the first Alessandro hostel, Hostel Alessandro Downtown is the 2nd in the chain. Because it’s associated with Alessandro Palace, guests at the Downtown location can enjoy the same perks – including drink specials at the Palace Bar.

Alessandro Downtown has a spacious guest kitchen and lounge, and WiFi is available in the common areas. Many nights there are free pasta dinner parties available at the hostel, and pub crawls depart from the hostel regularly throughout the week.

Location: Via Carlo Cattaneo 23
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast, 30 mins internet/WiFi, some pasta dinners
What Costs Extra: Towels

Ciak Hostel

The Ciak Hostel is about 10 minutes on foot from Termini, but also only 100 meters from the Manzoni Metro station. There are mixed dorms or female-only dorms available, as well as some private rooms in a nearby building. All dorms have bathrooms, and all bathrooms have hairdryers (so you can leave yours at home!).

Breakfast is available for free every day, and on Friday and Saturday nights you can also enjoy a free pasta dinner before heading out on the town. The hostel’s common room has a Playstation 2 which you can use for free, and WiFi is available throughout the hostel for free as well.

Location: Viale Manzoni 55
What’s Included: Linens, breakfast, some dinners, WiFi
What Costs Extra: Towels, internet

Termini photo at the top by lan4t



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

New York Hostels Near Central Park

New York City is one of the most interesting cities on earth, and offers an incredible variety of experiences - so it's a top destination no matter what you're into....

Read more
 

More articles