Best Party Hostels in Dublin

templebarDublin is many things to many people. It’s an historic city, a great place to shop, a popular weekend getaway for Europeans – and a helluva city for a party. The city’s Temple Bar neighborhood is famous for its cultural sights during by day, and for its raucous all-night parties when the sun goes down. Dublin has been such a draw for rowdy so-called “stag night” and “hen night” parties that some hostels have gone so far as to ban those groups from booking rooms.

But that doesn’t mean that there are no Dublin hostels to party in – not by a long shot. Any hostel within staggering distance of the Temple Bar can be considered a party hostel based on its location alone. And if the location of the hostel isn’t enough to make it a party hostel in your book, then the hostels with on-site bars are the ones you want to look for.

In any case, if you’re looking for the perfect place to spend some time that you may not remember later, then this list of the best party hostels in Dublin should be just what you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you’re hoping to spend some time in Dublin but avoid the worst of the public drunkenness, consider this a list of places you should avoid.

>> If you’d like to see some hostels that are further from Temple Bar and where you can get a good rest on a budget, then these quieter hostels in Dublin might be what you’re looking for.

Best Dublin Party Hostels

Barnacles Temple Bar House

As you’ll be able to tell by the name, Barnacles Temple Bar House is right on the busy Temple Bar – which makes it easy from any of the area party hotspots back to your bed when you’re finally ready to sleep it off. This popular hostel is regularly featured in top travel guides and noted for its cleanliness and social vibe. But more than anything else, it’s the hostel’s location two doors from the “Temple Bar Pub” that makes it one to book.

Guests at Barnacles Temple Bar House get free breakfast, free WiFi, and free walking tours of the city. The hostel hosts regular movie nights (also free to guests), and they also offer discounted tickets to many of the city’s top attractions and even the hop-on/hop-off bus tours, too. And if you want to relax in the hostel after a night of partying, the TV lounge and games room is the perfect place to chill out.

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Located right in the Temple Bar area, Oliver St. John Gogarty Hostel is another perfect spot to book a bed for a party weekend in Dublin. This is a particularly ideal hostel for the laziest partyers among you, because when you’ve visited all the bars in Temple Bar and want to be a little closer to home – but you’re not quite ready to hit the pillow – then you’ll be thrilled to know that Gogarty’s complex includes a busy on-site bar.

In addition to the on-site bar and on-site restaurant on the top floor serving traditional Irish fare, guests at Oliver St. John Gogarty Hostel also get the benefit of free breakfast with the low “bed & breakfast” rate. The rooms all have en-suite showers and central heating, and the common areas are great places to relax with the new friends you’ve made at the hostel.

Isaacs Hostel

Although Isaacs Hostel isn’t right on Temple Bar, it’s a relatively short walk away (5-10 minutes) and it’s also close to other useful points for backpackers – like the bus station and train station. There are both dorms and private rooms available, and there’s an on-site cafe for budget-friendly meals.

Guests at Isaacs Hostel get free WiFi, free use of the on-site sauna (an unusual feature in hostels, I think you’ll agree!), free light breakfast, and free guided walking tours of the city. Plus, the hostel hosts regular events (such as Irish dance parties and other music concerts) that are also free for guests at the hostel.

Four Courts Hostel

Another hostel situated right around the corner from Temple Bar is the Four Courts Hostel, although there’s more to this hostel’s great location than just proximity to party central. This one also claims to be the closest hostel to many of Dublin’s main sights – including the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery, the National Museum, and Dublin’s oldest pub. So, come to think of it, many of those sights are helpful in making this a great party hostel, too.

Guests at Four Courts Hostel get free WiFi, free guided walking tours of Dublin, and free breakfast – all of which you may find in other hostels. But some fun free perks at Four Courts include free Irish dancing lessons, free laundry for guests on a weekly rate, and even free laptop storage for when you’re out and about in the city. There are regular movie nights at the hostel, too, so if you need a night off from the party scene that’s a great way to kick back.

photo by wili_hybrid



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

More articles