Miami Hostels Near the Beach

miamibeachchairsUnless you’re a huge fan of the Miami Ink television show and are making a pilgrimage to the city to either get a tattoo or just hang out near the shop to catch a glimpse of the reality show stars, chances are very good that you’re planning to spend at least a little time at the beach while you’re in Miami. In fact, you may be planning to spend every spare moment lying on a beach towel. If that’s the case, you’ll want to book a spot in one of these hostels near the beach in Miami so you don’t have far to go from Point A to Point B.

A couple of the hostels on this list are technically in Miami Beach, but they’re in Miami and near a beach, so they still qualify for this list in our opinion. We’ve also included some hostels in various parts of the South Beach area, because in addition to being near the beach it’s also a cool part of the city that you might enjoy spending time in when you’re not working on your tan or learning to surf.

>> Miami has more than just these places for budget travelers, so browse through our comprehensive listings for hostels in Miami for more selection.

Miami Hostels Near the Beach

International Travellers Hostel

The International Travellers Hostel is in South Beach in Miami, a whopping one block from the beach and also within walking distance from the area’s many night clubs and bars. There are actually more private rooms than dorms in this hostel, so even if the dorms are full you may find a private room open that’ll fit your budget. Even the dorm rooms have en suite bathrooms in this place, so although you’ll be sharing a bathroom if you stay in a dorm, it’ll be with far fewer people than if you were sharing with the whole floor. Sheets & towels can be rented, or you can bring your own.

Ohana Hostel Miami Beach

The Ohana Hostel is a new hostel on Miami Beach that’s a stone’s throw from the beach itself. It’s kind of a boutique hostel with lots of modern conveniences and fun amenities, including a lobby bar, internet lounge, and free WiFi. All rooms have en sutie bathrooms. The neighborhood around the hostel is full of great clubs and bars, so there’s no excuse to not have a good time. Guests get free WiFi, breakfast, parking, air conditioning, towels, linens, and lots of other great perks.

Miami Beach International Travellers Hostel

To go with its sister location in South Beach, there’s also the International Travellers Hostel in Miami Beach. Also very boutique-y and one block from the beach, this hostel offers tons of freebies to guests – among them are breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day. That’s more than some people get at home, for pete’s sake. There are regular parties and social events at the hostel (all free), including poker nights, movie nights, language classes, and ping pong tournaments. And the drinks are free when guests party at hostel events, too. The list of reasons to check this place out goes on and on.

Jazz on South Beach Hostel

The Jazz on South Beach Hostel made one list of the craziest party hostels in the world, and regularly ranks among the best-rated hostels on popular booking sites. Guests can get VIP passes into some of South Beach’s clubs, and the hostel even operates what it calls the “VIP Party Bus.” The hostel occupies a building which formerly housed a hotel, so you’ll find some hotel-esque amenities here (like private bathrooms in every room). Oh, and it’s only 500 meters from the beach, too.

AAE Miami Beach Lombardy Hotel and Hostel

Another Miami Beach Hostel is the AAE Lombardy Hotel & Hostel, across the street from the beach. There are both dorm-style rooms and private rooms, and here’s something you don’t find in every hostel (or hotel, for that matter) – all the private rooms have kitchens. Dorms have access to a common-area guest kitchen. The hostel offers free internet access and WiFi, and there’s a great outdoor patio with an on-site bar.

The South Beach Hostel

Located two blocks from the beach, the South Beach Hostel is right in the middle of the famous Deco District of South Beach. All those clubs and bars you’ve heard about in South Beach are a short walk away from the hostel’s front door, too. And the hostel offers lots of great freebies to guests – free linens, free towels, free breakfast, free WiFi, free transport to Miami’s airport, and even a free drink to welcome you to town.

photo by juicyverve



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

More articles