Most Popular Hostels in Paris

eiffeltowerParis has long been a popular tourist destination for travelers of all backgrounds and budgets. There are so many high-end, fancy, romantic, or downright luxe hotels in the city that you could probably trip over a cobblestone and fall just about anywhere and land in the lobby of one of them. But for those of us who don’t have a trust fund to spend on our European trip, the good news is that there are plenty of hostels in Paris, too.

The problem with looking at a list of all the Paris hostels, however, is that it’s daunting. There are so many of them, and they’re scattered all over the city. How do you know which are the best ones? If you, like most people, don’t have the time or energy to hunt down every single hostel’s reviews online, then you’ll want to check out this list – because we’ve done the work for you.

These are the most popular hostels in Paris as reviewed by previous guests.

>> Just because they’re popular doesn’t mean they’re for you – so if these places don’t look like your style, there are plenty more Paris hostels to choose from.

Most Popular Hostels in Paris

St. Christopher’s Paris

It’s probably not surprising that the most popular hostel in Paris by a long shot (at least as far as ratings go) bears the St. Christopher’s Hostel name. This well-run chain has hostels all over Europe, but this Paris location is one of its best. It’s a purpose-built hostel with 300 beds near the Gare du Nord and Montmartre neighborhood. Guests enjoy free WiFi, free breakfast, and free linens, but you’ll need to bring your own towel. Like many St. Christopher’s hostels, the Paris one has an on-site Belushi’s Bar with drink specials and a great social atmosphere.

FIAP Jean Monnet Hostel

The gigantic FIAP Jean Monnet hostel has a grand total of 480 beds, but the high ratings from past guests prove that the hostel’s big size doesn’t make for an impersonal or unpleasant stay. Even the dorm rooms here aren’t huge – rooms range in size from private singles to quads, all with en suite bathrooms. Linens and towels are included with the bed, as is breakfast, and there’s an on-site cafeteria for lunch and dinner if you don’t feel like going out. The hostel is in the 14th arrondissement near a Metro station, so you’ll be able to get around Paris easily.

Perfect Hostel

With a name like Perfect Hostel, is it any wonder it’s one of the most popular hostels in Paris? This Montmartre hostel has a great location in one of the city’s most charming neighborhoods (Montmartre has long been home to bohemians and artists, so budget backpackers fit right in), but unlike most hostels this one offers all private rooms at hostel prices. Breakfast is even included in the price at Perfect Hostel.

Le Village Hostel

Another Montmartre favorite is Le Village Hostel, and it’s not hard to understand why. Not only does the hostel’s terrace enjoy a view of the beautiful hilltop Sacre Coeur Basilica, some of the rooms boast the same fantastic view. The biggest dorms can accommodate 8 people, so none of them are overwhelmingly huge, and all rooms have their own en suite bathrooms. Linens and breakfast are included for free, you’ll just need to bring your own towel. The hostel’s on-site cafe is a great place to hang out and socialize, as it’s open until 2am.

Oops Hostel

Another area of Paris that’s typically popular with backpackers and other young travelers is the Latin Quarter, so it’s nice that one of Paris’ popular hostels is close to the Latin Quarter. Oops Hostel is near both the student-heavy Latin Quarter and the multi-cultural Chinatown, as well as a couple of Metro stations to make it easy to get anywhere in the city. Oops offers free WiFi and internet access, as well as free linens and breakfast buffet. You’ll just need to bring a towel.

photo by Dimitry B



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

More articles