Hostels Near the Beach in Nice

nicebeachMost of the people who have Nice on their France travel itinerary are headed to this famous city for the beaches. Unfortunately, although the grand beachside boulevard (the Promenade des Anglais) is lined with accommodation options, basically all of them are going to be beyond the price range of most budget travelers. You might choose Nice as the place you want to splurge on even a 2-star hotel just so you have a balcony with a view of the Mediterranean, but in case you’re still pinching pennies when you get to this port city, here are some hostels near the beach in Nice.

Now, you’ll need to set your expectations appropriately when you’re looking at these places. First of all, they’re hostels – not swanky hotels. And second, even though some hostels say they’re near the beach, if you look closer that means a 10-15 minute walk from the beach. Which is why this list of hostels that we think qualify for the label “near the beach in Nice” is so short! If you want to broaden your search to include places that are within that 10-15 (or more) minute walk from the beach, that’s fine – but they’re not what we’d consider “near the beach.” And we’re very big on semantics.

So here are the hostels that are near the beach in Nice – and actually near the beach, not just saying they are. Because there are so few hostels that fit that description, if you know you want to stay in one of them during your trip to Nice you’ll want to book early so you don’t get stuck staring at a “no vacancy” sign.

>> To expand your search, here’s a more comprehensive list of hostels in Nice.

Hostels Near the Beach in Nice

Hostel Smith

The anonymously-named Hostel Smith is right in the middle of the city’s old town and a couple streets away from the Promenade des Anglais and the city’s beaches. So not only is the beach in Nice a short walk from the hostel’s front door, but many of the other attractions of Nice are close as well.

Hostel Smith is small, so there aren’t many beds available, meaning it could fill up quickly. WiFi and internet access are offered for free, as are tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. The common area has a big flat-screen TV, and there’s a fully-equipped kitchen available for guest use.

Backpackers Hostel les Myosotis

Despite the name, Backpackers Hostel les Myosotis isn’t just about backpackers – it’s a very family-friendly hostel a couple streets away from the Promenade des Anglais and the beach. It’s only a couple minutes’ walk from the beaches, and right in the heart of the city – so that other sights are within walking distance as well.

Among the amenities offered by Backpackers Hostel les Myosotis are free internet, free breakfast, and a fully-equipped guest kitchen. The hostel is open 24 hours a day, so late-night arrivals aren’t a problem.

photo by chairman moneko



Most popular hostels articles

Best Party Hostels in Rome

There are a million reasons to visit Rome - the history, the food, the art, the shopping, the food... And one of the things that's so great about a trip...

Read more
 

Budget Hotels Instead of Venice Hostels

Venice isn't a cheap city to visit, much less spend the night in - but in order to really experience the peaceful and even eerie side of this canal city,...

Read more
 

Best Party Hostels in New York

With a slogan like "the city that never sleeps," it's only fitting that many of the hostels in New York are popular for more than just their great location or...

Read more
 

Hostels in Rome Near the Train Station

There are plenty of places where you could spend a week - or even a month - taking in the sights non-stop and still have barely scratched the surface. Rome...

Read more
 

Venice Hostels on the Mainland

Most travel gurus recommend staying on the islands in Venice rather than the mainland if at all possible, especially if it's your first visit to the canal city, and there...

Read more
 

More articles